What writers love about writing


Getting into the spirit of St. Valentine, I recently asked W&A community members what they love most about being a writer.

This is what they replied:

"What do I love about writing? I love discovering new aspects about the characters I've known for 30 years." Kevin Rogers

"Writers have the option of stealing the best moments of life and then editing them to fit what's in their imagination." Val Conrad 

"I love having a front row seat as the story unfolds at my fingertips." Yvonne McEvaddy

"I love writing to me it is like painting a picture with words." Jennifer Kramer 

"I love creating a world, no matter how unbelievable...and making it believable, not only in the reader's mind, but also in their hearts." J M Powers

"I love being able to breath life into a character and tell their story." Ms-Toni J Lynch 

"I love being able to create a life that is far more interesting than my real life." Elizabeth Sullivan 


"I love it when characters take over and write their own dialogue. I've had them say things that took me by surprise. One of the most poignant moments was when one character, a tiny woman, was seen snarfing food at an incredible pace. The other character said to her, "Where do you put all that food." Her answer almost knocked me off my chair. Wiping her lips with the back of her sleeve, she looked up and said, "I have a hollow soul." Until I wrote the word said before her comment, I had no idea what she was going to answer".Milton Trachtenburg

What do you love most about being a writer? Leave a comment below and let us know.


blogsignatureWA

0 Comments

I love to hear from you. So feel free to comment, but keep in mind the basics of blog etiquette — no spam, no profanity, no slander, etc.

Thanks for being an active part of the Writers and Authors community.